In a violent relationship, the one who is bruised and bleeding isn't the only one who may be scarred for life. Children who witness violence at home are much more likely to become victims or abusers in their own relationships.
What is it?
This program provides a wide array of services designed for children who are witnesses and/or victims of sexual abuse or domestic violence.
Who is appropriate for referral?
- Any child whose parent is a resident of Sanctuary, Inc
- Any child whose parent receives non-residential services from Sanctuary, Inc
- Any child who is a witness and/or victim of sexual assault or domestic violence.
What is offered?
- Individual counseling
- Group or family counseling
- Children's support groups
- Parent's support groups
- Recreational activities
- Advocacy and follow-up assistance
- Referrals to other service providers
- Summer Camp (Camp K.I.D.S.)
- Goal Setting with both parent and child
What are the goals?
- Improving self-esteem
- Improving decision making skills
- Creating a positive environment for child’s growth
- Healing through a variety of activities and counseling
- Identification and referral of children who may benefit from long-term therapy