The staff at Sanctuary believes that education leads to understanding and understanding leads to change. Since we also believe that violence is a serious problem in our society, we are planting educational seeds which we hope will take root and grow into individual commitment to STOP the violence. We will present programs free of charge to audiences of any age on any subject listed below or on any topic related to domestic violence or sexual assault.
What is it?
- Provides information and education to primarily school age audiences (grades K-12).
- Provides information and education to adult audiences on topics such as Family Violence, Date Rape, Sexual Assault, Sexual Harassment and Sanctuary's Services
Who is appropriate for referral?
- Any club or civic organization
- Educational Institutions (Pre-K through post-secondary)
What is offered?
- Anger Management
- Keeping Yourself Safe
- Conflict Resolution
- Dating Violence
- Date Rape
- Sanctuary and its Services
- Partner/Spouse Abuse
- Child Abuse
- Child Sexual Abuse
- Family Violence
- Sexual Harassment
- Internet Safety
- Green Dot Kentucky
What are the goals?
- Improving self-esteem
- Improving decision making skills
- Creating a positive environment for growth
- Build a community-wide understanding of domestic violence